Interview with Miss Aprille Legacy

I feel pretty special saying that I knew Aprille Legacy via Goodreads before she became published, but I feel even more honored to be able to feature her on my blog! I'm sure this won't be the last time, either. (: So, without further ado: Miss Aprille Legacy, author of Soul Fire and Soul Blaze (released on March 29th).

Why the change in cover images for Soul Fire and Soul Blaze?
I decided to change the covers to make them more eye-catching. Also, it was a lot of fun bringing the images together! I’m actually on the cover of Soul Fire and cringe everytime I remember, but the model for Soul Blaze is the beautiful Skye Foster. We had a lot of fun with that sword out in the Adelaide Hills!

Do you plan on publishing any other books besides those in the Soul Fire trilogy?
Absolutely! Ruthless, my Victorian Steampunk, will probably come out later this year, and then after that I have another series cooking away in my head.

Who is a character you would be in one of your books and why?
I’d love to be Dena, because I’ve always wanted the ability to heal, and whilst all the mages in my series can heal, Dena is the best at it.

What ignited your spark for writing?
I don’t remember, I’ve just always had to write. I get these ideas in my head and I feel compelled to write them down, to tell their story. Ainsley from Ruthless was so demanding I couldn’t have ignored her if I wanted to!

Five years ago, did you see yourself where you are now?
Haha no! I was in my final year of high school, when I was there. I’m from a coastal city, so we’d always skip class to go to the beach. Now I’ve moved to the capital, am dating a wonderful guy and about to publish my second book. I never saw this coming!

Mind telling us about your journey becoming an author?
After publishing the old version of Soul Fire on Goodreads and receiving the overwhelming response from people, I decided to rewrite the story and sent it to publishers. I wrote the new manuscript in about a month, and started sending it off. After a few rejections, I investigated self-publishing and liked what I saw. I liked the idea of being my own boss and there was no threat that Soul Fire would be changed to what an editor thought would sell. With some encouragement from my amazing mother, I made the decision to self-publish.

What is your favorite book? Why?
My favourite book… I don’t think I could pick a favourite! I do quite love A Series of Unfortunate Events however. I loved the unique style of Lemony Snicket. It taught me a lot as a young reader.

What inspires you the most? 
The encouragement of Goodreaders and my friends. Without them I don’t think I would’ve been brave enough to embark on this journey!

Who is your favorite author? Why?
My favourite author would have to be Tamora Pierce. Her incredible worlds awoke something in me as a kid that shaped me as an adult. My love of fantasy comes directly from her work.

Do you have any “book crushes?” If so, who?
Perry from Under the Never Sky *swoons*

Time for a game of this or that!

Coke or Pepsi?
Pepsi!

Cat or dog?
Dog!

Summer or winter?
Winter! (blankets and hot chocolate!)

The Hunger Games or Divergent?
The Hunger Games!

Reading or writing?
Um, um um… reading :D

Thank you Aprille for giving me the opportunity to interview you! Be sure to check out the second installation of the Soul Fire trilogy, Soul Blaze, available now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Stacking the Shelves (9)

Liebster Award: 2016