Waiting on Wednesday (12)

Waiting on Wednesday is a daily meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It highlights what newly released books us bloggers are most excited to read. 
Title: Breakaway
Author: Kat Spears 
Synopsis (via Goodreads): From Kat Spears, author of Sway, comes a new novel that asks the question: when a group of four best friends begin to drift apart, what will it take to bring them back together? When Jason Marshall's younger sister dies, he knows he can count on his three best friends and soccer teammates — Mario, Jordie, and Chick — to be there for him. With a grief-crippled mother and a father who's not in the picture, he needs them more than ever. But when Mario starts hanging out with a rough group of friends and Jordie finally lands the girl of his dreams, Jason is left to fend for himself while maintaining a strained relationship with troubled and quiet Chick. Then Jason meets Raine, a girl he thinks is out of his league but who sees him for everything he wants to be, and he finds himself pulled between building a healthy and stable relationship with a girl he might be falling in love with, grieving for his sister, and trying to hold onto the friendships he has always relied on. A witty and emotionally moving tale of friendship, first love, and loss, Breakaway is Kat Spears at her finest. 
My Thoughts: I haven't read a lot of books told in a boy's POV other than Looking for Alaska by John Green. I think I need to start stepping out of my comfort zone and read more of a variety - as if I put my to-read list on shuffle. Just reading the synopsis for Breakaway made my heart pound with excitement. I want to have a copy to read right now. 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I can't wait for this one either! It sounds pretty good.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I enjoy books told from a male POV but i don't think I've ever seen a contemporary YA focused on male friendship. Definitely unique. Can't wait to read it! Thank you for sharing!

    WOW 

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... This doesn't sound like my kind of read, but I hope you love it! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great and I hope you enjoy reading it!

    Renee ~ My Wow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting on Wednesday (1)

Stacking the Shelves (9)

Liebster Award: 2016